Thin Lock Implementation

Aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Tue Aug 19 02:12:05 PDT 2008

Bartosz Milewski pisze:
> I posted some implementation details of Thin Lock in my blog,
> http://bartoszmilewski.wordpress.com/ . I would appreciate comments.
>
> And by the way, I put it on reddit too:
> http://www.reddit.com/comments/6wmq4/thin_lock_implementation/ .
>
> Bartosz

Well, I am definitely no concurrency expert, but one questions bothers
me a bit.

 From your article it seems that there will be limit of 2046 threads for
program (11 bits, one based).

Isn't it too small number, taking into account multi core processors
which will emerge (able to start much more threads than currently), and
applications like web servers (which serves a lot of concurrent
connections)?

BR
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)