Thin Lock Implementation

Jb jb at nowhere.com
Tue Aug 19 06:21:28 PDT 2008

"Lars Ivar Igesund" <larsivar at igesund.net> wrote in message
news:g8e509$2872$1 at digitalmars.com...

> 2046 isn't a particularly small number, in fact most OS'es aren't set up
> allow more than 500-1000 depending on available memory.
>
> However, I agree that it should not restrict _more_ than the OS where a
> larger number is available.

If you're on a windows box you can see how many threads are currently up and
running. My single core Athlon, which doesnt actualy have much going on, is
clocking up 370 threads.

I imagine that newer more busy PCs are running 2 or 3 times as many.

That said.. this is system wide. I dont know if the OS will partition
threads, so any particular process can only see it's threads, and a few OS
threads.

I dont know how it works.