Object Oriented Programming with D Language. Private access specifier.

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 07:48:32 PDT 2008

"Max Samukha" <samukha at voliacable.com.removethis> wrote in message
news:9sjqa4t9eta17lpab2jrnifpigsdhgm1t6 at 4ax.com...

> It would be even more useful if members with package accesibility were
> accessible not only from the same package but also from its
> subpackages.
>
> Imagine there is a function, data structure or whatever that is used
> throughout a complex package containing nested packages but is not
> intended to be accessible by users of this package. Now I have to
> declare such a function/structure public. 'package' does not help me
> here.

I've always felt the same way.  I end up designing all my libraries one
level deep because of this "feature."  It'd be nice if I could group modules
into subpackages which operate as a unit, which also increases privacy
granularity (that is, "package" symbols in one part of the library are not
visible everywhere).