Model Driven Development

JAnderson ask at me.com
Fri Aug 22 09:11:27 PDT 2008

Bruce Adams wrote:
> Hi,
>    I don't know if this has come up before but is always worth a review
> every so often. As far as model driven development goes
> are there any tools out there currently that support or plan to support
> code generation for D and round trip engineering
> (that is syncing the code back into the model). I'm also curious as to
> peoples opinions on model driven development in general
> (please keep the religious flame wars to a minimum though eh :).
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruce.

I like the idea of modern driven development.  I think that it gives a
better way to communicate to the team what is happening.  The only model
tool I've used is rational rose however it was clunky.

The trouble is, I haven't found a good one yet.  I think the only model
driven development tool I'd be able to use is where the editor is built
around it so your kinda forced to learn it (old habits die hard).   It
would also be more appealing if it provide some drag-drop productivity
improvements such as refactoring tools (free functions into class, class
into free functions, break up class, switch into class etc...).

It would be cool if it was done in an 3D framework so you could quickly
zoom in and out of stuff kinda like the iphone.

-Joel