TextPad Syntax File?

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Sun Aug 24 19:55:21 PDT 2008

Benji Smith wrote:
> I guess I'll take a look at all three files and try to cobble together a
>  new one that matches the D1 language spec as closely as possible.
> Getting all the classes from Tango will be the annoying bit.
>
> When I finish, I'll post an update here, and send a copy to the TP people.
>
> --benji

All right. I've got a basic TP syntax file coming nicely along. Some of
the existing syntax files needed updates to the keyword lists and
operators. A few minor touches, at best.

I've also added keyword entries (using a keyword group, for different
coloring) for the opcodes, keywords, and register names of D's inline
assembler syntax.

As one final touch, I'd also like to include a complete list of the
public classes, structs, aliases, typedefs, and functions, from both
Phobos and Tango.

But I'm at a loss for how to produce a comprehensive list (without
simultaneously generating a bunch of garbage). I tried using some basic
regular expressions on the Phobos source code, but that technique
quickly turned into a total quagmire.

Any suggestions?

--benji