Prototypes

Manfred_Nowak svv1999 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 15:49:49 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:

>  use two different standard versions becomes a nightmare.
> I agree.

I retracted my posting immediately because it wasn't well thought out.
However, the least I wanted was to have "several" "standard" versions.

So we all agree on this.

But even when I read my rectracted posting again, I can not imagine how
one can come to the conclusion, that I wanted to have several.

>> On the other hand if you think that you can improve the standard
>> version for everybody, changing internal/aaA.d is what you should
>> do...
> Right.

I wrote about that some years ago and got no answer:
   what is an improvement for everybody---or
   what is the general usage?

Whithout an agreed definition on that, every change will make someone
else cry.

-manfred

--
If life is going to exist in this Universe, then the one thing it
cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion. (Douglas Adams)