when I compile my compiler don't found the standard library

Lars Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.NOSPAMnet
Wed Dec 3 03:34:43 PST 2008

lechon wrote:
> hi to all.
>
> I'm trying to create one program with D using the editor eclipse, that I have add a plugin for the language D.
>
> My problem arrives when I go to compile, because the program don't found the library stdio, but If I use the libraries tango, the compiler works perfectly.
>
> ¿Anybody can help me?

The module std.stdio is a part of Phobos, the standard library for D.
Tango is an alternative standard library, meant as a *replacement* for
Phobos.

My guess is that you have installed the D compiler bundled with Tango.
(Am I right?) If you want to use both libraries at the same time, you
could install Tangobos:

   http://www.dsource.org/projects/tangobos

Tangobos, however, is primarily meant to make it easy to port legacy
code from Phobos to Tango. For new projects it is better to just stick
with one standard library.

Functions corresponding to the std.stdio ones can be found in the
tango.Stdout module.

-Lars