Hard-to-reproduce GC bug

Don nospam at nospam.com
Sat Dec 6 01:12:29 PST 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Walter Bright
> <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>> That's like saying one works as an auto mechanic but prefers to use a rock
>> rather than a hammer because a hammer costs $15 !! It's just far too useful
>> to not buy at such a reasonable price.
>>
>> Even so, obj2asm is free on the linux version.
>
> That doesn't really help Windows DMD users who are stuck using an
> outdated object format that almost nothing else seems to understand.
> Or on Linux, for that matter, since there are - and always have been -
> free disassemblers for ELF.

I updated Agner Fog's objconv so that the -fasm option now works with
DMD .obj's on Windows. He still hasn't released it yet on his site, but
I can give it to anyone who's interested.
It disassembles all instructions, even the newly defined ones that don't
exist on any current processors. But it still has a few problems, and it
won't give you D source code interleaved with the asm output.