More phpBB like forum?

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Wed Dec 10 08:23:01 PST 2008

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Yes, I've used them. Reddit, Digg, Stackoverflow, and Slashdot do *not*
> show you what you have and have not read.

that (yes, crappy) thing is called "blog".
Forum is something like http://www.phpbb.com/community/
http://forums.invisionpower.com/
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

> they don't show either. They'll show what *thread* I've clicked on
> before, but not what I've read. (And how could they, when all the
> messages are expanded on one page?)

example of long thread
http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=277487
20 posts per page (number is customizable after registration). I think, the main difference between such fora is administration facilities. Everything else is highly customizable.