More phpBB like forum?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 20:34:31 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>> Sean Kelly wrote:
>>>
>>> I think there must be a generation gap here.  The first thing I look for
>>> is a
>>> newsgroup dedicated to a subject.  After that, a mailing list.  I have
>>> basically
>>> no interest in web forums.
>>
>> Ah, those whipper-snappers with Twitter accounts!!
>>
>> (Is there anything more useless than twitter?)
>
> If there is, I haven't seen it :-)  I try to stay somewhat up on trends just
> to be current, but I've yet to see a point in telling people what I'm doing
> from minute to minute.

I think it makes a lot more sense if you are young and have basically
nothing useful to do with your time.
(but .. wait, Sean, wasn't your last post here just minutes ago?  :-P )

As kids we face the struggle of how to combat boredom.
As adults we face the struggle of how to get more of that thing we
used to call boredom.

At least that's been the case for me. :-)
--bb