Bit subscriptions, RAM columnwise layouts

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Thu Dec 11 17:00:09 PST 2008

Reply to bearophile,

> BCS:
>
>> I'm going to need to wright a column struct array template that takes
>> a struct and stripes the columns.<
>>
> If you like my help, I may want to help you :-)

I've got to run off now but my current sticking point is getting from Struct.tupleof
to a tuple of members names and then passing that tuple on to other templates.

My first few tries kept going odd.

Want to try? go ahead.

> Two things I'd like to see in such struct array template:
>
> 1) It has to define one different foreach for each field. So you can
> iterate just one field. (or a small group of fields, see the memory
> layout C at the bottom of this post). I don't know yet how this can be
> done, but I thin it's doable. Do you have ideas?

yup foreach will take a delegate of the correct form for the RHS or just
return the array its self.