Basic benchmark

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sun Dec 14 08:33:52 PST 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar at igesund.net>
> wrote:
>> dsimcha wrote:
>>
>>> == Quote from Jason House (jason.james.house at gmail.com)'s article
>>> hear that the gdc developer(s) stopped after hearing just how little
>>> people appreciated their hard work.
>>>
>>> Well, GDC hasn't released an update since the Stone Age.  A few days
>>> ago, the
>>> first checkins in months took place.  I still don't know whether the
>>> project is
>>> moribund or why else it might be so far behind the curve.  My hope is
>>> that the GDC people are just waiting for the dust to settle a little on
>>> D2, rather than maintaining a moving target.
>>
>> Related to the commit the other day is this post I made:
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/forums/topic/664
>>
>> I think Arthur intend to have something posted on D.announce too.
>
> So who is this Aurthur and what connection does he have to GDC?  Is
> this a new fork of GDC?
> Also from the forum post
> (http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/forums/topic/664#2672)
> it wasn't clear to me if this was actually about GDC contributions or
> contributions to Tango to make it work with GDC.
> (I was going to ask on the tango forum but for some odd reason the
> thread is locked.)
>

> --bb

Sorry, I clarified that it was about GDC contributions. Arthur is Debian's GDC mantainer, and as far as I know, the only person beyond David with commit access to GDC.

The forum is locked because it is what provides the list on the front page with items, and as it is, the forum doesn't allow to only lock for new threads. Hopefully that can be added to the software later on.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net