module(system) Identifier;

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Sun Dec 14 09:42:45 PST 2008

Reply to Walter,

> bearophile wrote:
>
>> The last changelog of D2:
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html#new2_021
>> Says:
>>
>>> Added -safe switch and module(system) Identifier; syntax.<
>>>
>> I am not sure that's the best solution.
>>
> Doing it at the module level was deliberate. Not for technical
> reasons, but to make it easy for people doing quality code reviews.
> System modules should be segregated and given special attention.
> Having it dispersed throughout the code modules pretty much excludes
> being able to abstract it away properly.

A combination of the two might prove useful. Allow bearophile's suggestion
but only with some variant of module(system) at the top. Files using this
would still be easy to find but it would also (if the internal tag is easy
to grep for) limit the lines that need to be reviewed.

Keeping the current form as well would be good.