Basic benchmark

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Sun Dec 14 11:05:59 PST 2008

bearophile schrieb:
> dennis luehring:
>> his own backend is better for the evolution of D<
>
> I don't understand most of your post, sorry.
> For example are you here saying that the backend of DMD is better for the future evolution of D? This sounds false (No 64 bit, no much changes for many years, etc).
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

 >better for the future evolution
i mean current ...

my target is the language D itself - it is much easier for walter to
work the ideas out in his own backend because he known exactly how it
works - so the speed of integrating language features for our tryout is
much higher (and thats good for language evolution) - the usage of an
"better" backend in the current phase of D2/(3) evolution will be a
great slowdown - you can see the amount of work and the hard way to keep
it up to date in the gdc/ldc implementation

the language must become greate first - backends and poeple who are
interested in maintance them will come...