Static arrays problem

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Wed Dec 17 15:04:41 PST 2008

== Quote from bearophile (bearophileHUGS at lycos.com)'s article
> I think the D compiler has to take a look at the size of the static arrays, if they are too much large, then their initialization has to be
done with a loop, avoiding the creation of such huge executables.

TypeInfo should probably contain an init(void[]) routine instead of a void[]
member which is byte copied onto the new block.  Then, initializers that
are easy to decompose could at least be turned into a series of memset
operations.  For built-in types, this should be very easy to do, since the
functions could be hand-coded as opposed to requiring code generation
from the compiler.

Sean