digitalmars.com main page is broken

Kenny B funisher at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 15:38:09 PST 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> Denis Koroskin wrote:
>> Walter Bright Wrote:

>>> What browser are you using? It looks correct when I load it.
>>
>> Check out http://digitalmars.com, not http://www.digitalmars.com
>>
>> The latter one works ok (thanks to Adrei who noticed it).
>
> I see. I wonder why the difference.

It appears that the non-www domain doesn't have PHP running. However, I may add that php code is pretty dodgy and pretty useless (for page statistics, I'd use google analytics). So, if you open http://digitalmars.com/ then it'll try and open a connection to:

http://links.cyl0n.com/outbound/multi_links.php?site=347&page=/

which returns your Helpful Info box over cURL and prints it out