Hello .NET, D Here Calling

Daniel de Kok me at nowhere.nospam
Tue Dec 23 08:26:34 PST 2008

On 2008-12-23 11:47:56 +0100, Chad J <gamerchad at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com> said:

> Lutger wrote:
>> I noticed many developers really adore properties, perhaps it's worth
>> some attention to rethink how this is handled in D. It is used
>> everywhere in .NET.
>
> This is exactly where I'm coming from.  I used to use C# properties a
> lot.  They are super effective.

With no intention to flame, but I never quite understood why people are
so keen on properties over getter/setter member functions. What
advantage does it have over obscuring direct member access and indirect
member access?

I think that the D approach is good enough, since it does not add
complexity for library designers.

-- Daniel