Hello .NET, D Here Calling

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Dec 23 12:38:29 PST 2008

Daniel de Kok:
> It comes at virtually no extra cost,
> and there is a good chance that simple setters will require some
> validation or locking in the future anyway.

It comes at no cost in Java, for example on the HotSpot JVM, and probably on dotnet too. But probably the current D compilers aren't that smart, and you have to pay a small cost (time) there. I don't know how LDC will do in such regard, probably about the same. (But it's a little cost that most of the times you are willing to pay in D too.)

Bye,
bearophile