Operator overloading

aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Tue Dec 23 13:22:33 PST 2008

Ary Borenszweig pisze:
> dennis luehring escribió:
>>> This translation is quite awful and unreadable. It would be so much
>>> better to get:
>>>
>>> Query query = Select(a).Where(id == 5);
>>
>> what speaks against an sql parsing mixin?
>>
>> would be more expressive, compiletime based and typesafe
>> and even far more be able than what you can do with operator overloading
>
> Autocompletion and syntax coloring.

Yes. And additionally:
* you can not build safely your queries on runtime
* when moving Query around in program you will not be able to make it
typesafe, because it is just string
* in my db access system it won't be possible to automatically create
database, typesafely get results from resulting table and few other nice
features...

BR
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)