Operator overloading

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Wed Dec 24 02:25:47 PST 2008

> I was thinking about LINQ, specifically. Ok, LINQ is too much (and too
> specific), I wouldn't like something like that in D, but something
> similar...

my point is that operator overloading helps only i a very few cases -
and even then (see syntaxhighliing in boost::spirit based parsers) it
does not realy help

but it think (again, except the compiler bugs) D is be able to do
something like LINQ (as an example) with mixins (or ast-macros) without
the need of extending the language itselfe - only the parsing on
compiletime thing needs to be easier - but any solution(s) in this part
of D will also help all other generic library developers