dmd platform support - poll

Weed resume755 at mail.ru
Fri Dec 26 05:20:37 PST 2008

Nick Sabalausky пишет:
> "Chad J" <gamerchad at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:gj1uou$1ctu$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> The problem with generating C code is: exception handling
>> At any rate, please don't just give up on this!  GAME CONSOLES Walter!
>> GAME CONSOLES!
>> ;)
>
> Yea, I've always seen videogames as one of the biggest and best applictions
> for D, and the main one that originally got me excited for it. But without
> the ability to use it on game-consoles/embedded-cpus/microcontrollers, it'll
> never be worthwhile for most developers. They'd be forced into just one
> platform, the PC (In this case, I'm including Mac as a "Personal Computer").

It seems to me it is necessary to reconsider it:

Support for 16 bit computers. No consideration is given in D for mixed
near/far pointers and all the machinations necessary to generate good 16
bit code. The D language design assumes at least a 32 bit flat memory
space. D will fit smoothly into 64 bit architectures.
(http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/overview.html)