Replacing built-in complex? What's this about?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 16:45:51 PST 2008

>>I don't think the compiler is quite there yet, so till it is, there is an advantage to having a built-in hash-table that can run at compile time.<
>
> At the moment, what can the compiler do with the built-in AAs at compile time? (I think very little).

I don't actually know.  I was thinking the basics worked, but the
point is Walter could make it work pretty easily by supplying a
completely different compile-time implementation for the compile-time
interpreter.  Joe Librarywriter doesn't have that ability.   One
solution could be a version(CompileTime) to let Joe target compile
time specificallly, or even a whole distinct interpreted sub-language
for CT usage.  But I think the best is just for the compile-time
interpreter to grok all code that's grok-able.  Just because that
requires no extra explanation.

--bb