dmd platform support - poll

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Dec 27 18:01:18 PST 2008

John Reimer wrote:
> Incidentally, I'm still using my Compaq Presario X1000 laptop (Pentium M
> 1.4 GHz) which is probably close to 6 years old now.  I've updated
> certain aspects of it and fixed it a couple of times.  Amazingly it
> keeps running... and performs quite well for my needs.

As my main machine, I use a P4 at 1.6 GHz, 512 Mb ram. I'm not sure how
old it is, but when the power supply failed and I went to the nerd store
to replace it, the guy said "I haven't seen one of these power supply
configurations in years!" He sent me to the local pc recycler, where I
got one out of a bin for $10.

Compilers don't need a lot of horsepower, and I'm not a gamer, so this
machine has been just fine.