dmd platform support - poll

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sun Dec 28 08:50:47 PST 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> - Graphics card that's pixel shader v1 (was a pre-pixel-shader
>> GeForceMX 2 for a long time, only upgraded because I found this one
>> for about $40 and wanted to play around with pixel shaders).
>
> I don't have a graphics card because of heat/fan/noise.

It's possible to get a GeForce 6800 with a passive cooler (heatsink)
instead of a fan.  I bet you can get a newer one as well, though you may
have to opt for the "mobile" version.  Either way, I've got an 8800 with
a fan right now but it's really very quiet--it pays to read reviews that
discuss noise levels of various brands.

Sean