dmd platform support - poll

Chad J gamerchad at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 15:45:09 PST 2008

John Reimer wrote:
> Hello Nick,

>> One other funny anecdote about "newer/trendier is not always better":
>> I've been recruited by a friend of my mom to replace/supplement her
>> small business's wireless network with a wired one.
>>
>> And now I'll stop rambling ;)
>>

> Wired is not necessarily backwards. :)  Despite the tangly lines, it's
> just easier to keep secure.
>
> -JJR

Yeah.  It's a tradeoff.  I use both wired and wireless.  They complement
each other nicely.  In an ideal setup both are available.

Whenever I run into someone who says something to the effect that
wireless is superior and makes wired connections unnecessary, I get a
little angry.  I hold it back of course, and realize that I should just
pity them their ignorance.  If I have time and it's appropriate, I'll
calmly explain why they are wrong ;)