division of objects into classes and structures is bad

Weed resume755 at mail.ru
Tue Dec 30 09:13:18 PST 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu пишет:
> Weed wrote:
>> Don пишет:

>>> Use classes if you want polymorphism. Otherwise, use structs. It's a
>>> clear distinction, which is not at all arbitrary -- there are
>>> significant implications for the generated code.
>>
>> And if polymorphism is necessary and such calculations are necessary as
>> I have above described? To emulate polymorphism with the mixins? Or
>> simply to reconcile to such obvious losses?
>>
>> I about that that division into classes and structures in language D
>> automatically reduce perfomance of programs. Unlike languages where this
>> division is not present (C++).
>
> There is a niche of cases where using the C++-style duality of classes
> and structs is useful. I think those cases are marginal, and that the
> conceptual division fostered by D is the better way to go because it's
> clean and avoids a lot of the inherent problems of duality.

It is very a pity.
My small opinion: it is impossible to reduce performance for struggle
against potential errors - such languages already are, it more
high-level. It how to refuse pointers because they are dangerous,
difficult for beginners and without them it is possible to make any
algorithm.

What is D?
D is a general purpose systems and applications programming language. It
is a higher level language than C++, but *retains* the ability to write
high performance code and interface directly with the operating system
API's and with hardware.
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/overview.html