More LDC Exception Handling Stuff

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 07:21:47 PST 2008

When people say that exception handling doesn't work on LDC in some
circumstances, does this mean that if the code uses exceptions it won't work,
that you can't catch exceptions or something else?  If you just can't catch
exceptions, it could still be useful to me for some data mining code that I
sometimes write that has huge memory requirements (meaning I need 64-bit) but
absolutely no robustness requirements (I pretty much treat all exceptions as
unrecoverable because the program will only be run a few times and worrying
about these details is a waste of my time.)  Would I be able to use LDC on
platforms where exception handling isn't supported, with library code that
throws exceptions, as long as I didn't care about catching these exceptions?