Operator overloading -- lets collect some use cases

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Dec 31 16:43:13 PST 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu:

>It would be great if you brought them in the open!<

OK, but it's late for me now, I'll do when I can, possibly tomorrow. It's a lot of stuff to write.

Bill Baxter:

>Apparently Andrei was, since he took the trouble to re-write the D1 versions.<

I see, I didn't know it (I have supposed they just differ for not accepting the % syntax). I have never used the D2 versions, so my "improvements" are over the D1 version. So it's possible some things are already fixed in D2...

Note that my code is far from perfect, it already has two known bugs... but it clearly shows where I am aiming (and I hope to be able to remove one of those bugs, and some of you may help fix the other bug).

Later,
bear hugs and a happy new year,
bearophile