getAttr method

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Feb 1 11:57:32 PST 2008

downs Wrote:

> Except that probably won't work on a stock phobos, because win32's MmFile is broken (patch in bugzilla), and the GC can be made to work with StackThreads but it's horribly inefficient, which is why scrapple.tools currently only works with the GC patch posted above.

I see.

> Yeah I know. But I still have a few specks of hope left. Call me stupid :)

I like people that have hope still.
I think I'll eventually drop Phobos and I'll start using Tango, despite some things I don't like of it (like the too much long dotted names, its source code being less readable, and other things), because I think it's already better debugged, a bit more open to external contributors, and I think with time it will become good enough :-)

Bye,
bearophile