resize problem with arrays of arrays?

wade swadenator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:17:47 PST 2008

Hi all,

Many apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I noticed that nobody has responded to this in the issues forum (issue #929) for over six months.

I'm getting odd behavior with DMD 1.026 on both windows and linux when I attempt to resize an array of arrays as in:

import std.stdio;

int main(char [][] args)
{
  fwritef(stderr, "starting...\n");
  int[int][] stacks;
  stacks.length = 30;
  fwritef(stderr, "done...\n");
  return 0;
}

This code never gets to the "done..." writef.  I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong (newbie), but any help or advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

wade

PS, despite some hiccups, it's been a real pleasure to write some code in D... definitely much nicer than c++!