Standard Library Concerns (Phobos / Tango)

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 6 07:52:55 PST 2008

I also want to see the "community driven" AND "standard" lib.

Tango meets my needs.
  - fast fixing of errors
  - More open for feature addition
  - performant design
  - more plattforms
  - contribution feels more welcome

So actually the "community driven" attribute is more important for me
than the "standard" tag is.

It would be so cool if all would work together, the tango team AND
walter, andrei, and the other phobos contributors.

The existance of both only produces frictional loss. And it feels like a
dark shadow over the community.

People who actually run their projects don't have trouble with it. They
have their toolchains installed. Its only the newbies and the
lib-writers that have to fight the differences. This is bad for the
community as a whole.