Standard Library Concerns (Phobos / Tango)

Tim Burrell tim at timburrell.net
Wed Feb 6 09:31:14 PST 2008

>> D1/Phobos1 needs to be taken out of Walters hands. He doesn't care about
>> it, even though it's the version of D with the largest userbase. If he
>> cared he would reply to this thread as well as the countless others
>> before it (on the same topic).
>
> You do realize you're posting just two hours after the original post in
> this thread?  Apparently Walter needs to have a constant eye on the
> group and hair-trigger response in order to show you he cares....

I don't think anyone was saying that.  Whether or not it's true, it
appears that a good deal of the D community feels that Walter isn't
concerned about what users of his language think.  Obviously this isn't
the only time issues have been brought forth that the community feels
one way about that go unanswered and ignored.

I would say though that I think your response is justified... finger
pointing isn't the way to go here.

I would never chastise Walter for not responding within a certain time,
but it would be nice to get his opinion on the matter.  If he says "too
bad guys, you feel one way, but it's my language and this is how it's
gonna be." then that would be nice to know!  Maybe he has a master plan
that we don't know about.  I'm open to hearing anything from him, but
silence on matters that the community cares about isn't a good way to
lead, and whether or not he likes it, by virtue of beign D's creator
Walter is a leader.