Standard Library Concerns (Phobos / Tango)

Tim Burrell tim at timburrell.net
Fri Feb 8 03:23:52 PST 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> There are currently several people working on Phobos, so it is far from
> abandoned. For example, last November saw a raft of major additions to it.
>
> What I see as the goal for Phobos/Tango is for there to be a compatible
> core, so that users can mix/match what they need from either library.

Thanks for your input on the matter!

I think that your response will be a bit disappointing to some, me
included.  It doesn't really address those of us who have gone on record
and stated that the current maintenance schedule of Phobos isn't sufficient.

Nor does it address the feeling many of us have of being unable to
contribute to Phobos.

If last November saw major additions, why have patches to know bugs that
were submitted prior to then remained ignored?

I think your idea on having a compatible core for Phobos and Tango is
great, but how do we get there?