Standard Library Concerns (Phobos / Tango)

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:59:23 PST 2008

Tim Burrell wrote:
> I think we'd all prefer to see Phobos improved technically, but it's
> just not happening.  And fact is, we have a dedicated team who have put
> together a quality library, that has a full implementation of Phobos
> built on top of it (which is also more efficient than Phobos).

It's happening, but very slowly. And there are some things that have
been a step in the wrong direction (std.boxer could handle large
structs, I think, but std.variant can't handle anything larger than a
delegate).

Meanwhile, Tango isn't making many mistakes, and it's been correcting
those it made. And those that Phobos made.