Standard Library Concerns (Phobos / Tango)

Johan Granberg lijat.meREM at OVEgmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:24:58 PST 2008

Walter Bright wrote:

> There are currently several people working on Phobos, so it is far from
> abandoned. For example, last November saw a raft of major additions to it.
>
> What I see as the goal for Phobos/Tango is for there to be a compatible
> core, so that users can mix/match what they need from either library.

Personally, and I think there are many who think like me, a big issue is
that there is no standard API with that solution. There is a unified core
API but the modules on top of it providing higher level functionality won't
be as "standard". This of course does not apply if both phobos and tango is
shipped with the compiler in one package, that would yield a standard that
programmers can rely on beeing pressent on the system the software will be
used on.