Phobos documentation in source files

Fri Feb 8 17:57:31 PST 2008

Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> I was about to send a post saying "phobos is mostly undocumented", by in
> the digitalmars site the documentation is pretty good for it. I was
> using Descent to see documentation for classes like Object, TypeInfo,
> etc., but in the source files provided with the DMD compiler some of the
> documentation is missing (inline). Is there a reason for this?

It looks like the documentation is generated from
phobos/internal/object.d instead of phobos/object.d.

Maybe the ddocs were omitted from object.d because it's parsed for every
module compiled, and stripping comments is wasted time?
Not that I think that's a good reason (it can't save much), but it's a
possible reason...