Standard Library Concerns (Phobos / Tango)

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Sat Feb 9 00:25:28 PST 2008

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:18:42 -0500, kris wrote:

> Derek Parnell Wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Of course, it would even better if developers could use both libraries in
>> the same application (without a Tangobos layer).
>
> Hiya Derek
>
> Just wanted to clarify that the Tangobos package (from Gregor) is not a
> 'layer' ...

Thanks Kris. I was not aware of that. I assumed that it was a wrapper
around Tango that made it look like Phobos.

> Hope this helps to clarify things?

It sort of does, but it seems that we now have the 'best of both worlds'
with Tangobos, so what will be coming from DigitalMars? Will we then have
four options: Tango, Tangobos, 'classic' Phobos and 'modern' Phobos?

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia