Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Thu Feb 14 10:51:34 PST 2008

"BCS" <BCS at pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:fp206p$5sv$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Craig Black wrote:
>> I apologize for the inappropriate post, but I read this material last
>> night and am still buzzing about it.  I just have to share it.  I
>> personally am an agnostic, so not trying to preach anything, but I
>> thought this was very interesting.  I didn't realize that modern science
>> has such a solid theory about consciousness.  Namely, that there is only
>> one conscious mind in the universe, and that matter is the result of
>> observations of that mind.  At the subatomic level, there are only
>> possibilities that require a mind to bring into actual reality.  And that
>> mind is not Many but One.  The universe essentially consists of a single
>> Indivisible Mind from which matter emmanates.
>>
>> Are these the ramblings of a deluded philosopher or religious cult?
>> Nope. The conclusions that result due to observations and discoveries
>> made by Werner Heisenberg, Erwin Schrödinger, and Niels Bohr, all
>> pioneers of quantum mechanics.
>>
>> http://www.integralscience.org/ConsciousQM.html
>>
>> -Craig
>>

> I have not read the link but I did read a short story a week or so ago
> about someone playing the Schrödinger's cat trick with a super plague and
> all of humanity. The punch line is that everyone involved decides that if
> all knowledge about the experiment is destroyed that the world would be
> saved. So they kill each other.
>
> This should remarkably like the "watching dark matter can shorten the life
> of the universe" buzz from a few months back.

lol!  I know it's easy to moc an idea that is so far removed from our every
day experience.  However, it would be nice to hear a skeptic that has an
cohesive intelligent counterargument to one or more of the ideas presented.
These observations do not seem to me to pulled out of thin air.  However, I
should try to dissect them further to check for inconsistencies.

-Craig