Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Thu Feb 14 13:32:25 PST 2008

"boyd" <gaboonviper at gmx.net> wrote in message
news:op.t6i7hhrc1auoiy at company-3328781.home.nl...
> It seems to me that quantum physics is just an admittance that we don't
> really know what the heck is going on. It's not science, it's philosophy.
> And the thing about the mind sounds a lot like the main principle of the
> philosopher Descartes: 'there's only one thing that I can be sure about: I
> think, therefore I exist'
>
> This isn't proof of the existence of anything. In fact, it's more a theory
> that nothing can truly be proven. Any proof is based on what we can
> observe, but we can't be sure that anything we observe actually is.
>
> Greetz,
> Boyd.

You may be right ...but there's no harm in trying then is there?

BTW, since posting this I have discovered that this topic (both pros and
cons) is discussed on Wikepedia.  It basically states that this is one
interpretation of quantum mechanics, whereas in the link I provided it is
communicated as a conclusion.  There are other ideas that attempt to resolve
the strangeness of quantum mechanics with the determinism of the macroscopic
world.  This particular interpretation is not without problems, but it does
have the interesting quality that it concurs with some religious world
views.

-Craig