Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Thu Feb 14 13:46:49 PST 2008

"Yigal Chripun" <yigal100 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fp29k3$adk$1 at digitalmars.com...
>I haven't read the link but my view on such issues (as an atheist)  is
> as follows:
> science deals only with certain questions, namely ones he can find an
> answer to, other questions are just left to philosophy.
> from your description that links falls under the realm of the latter
> more than the former.
> the Schrödinger cat experiment for example is a way to illustrate
> Heisenberg's uncertainty law. It's a way to explain statistics.
> science uses math as a language to express concepts, for example we use
> fields to explain magnetism but that does not mean that there's such a
> thing as a magnetic field, cause a field is just another mathematical
> entity, nothing more.
> trying to extract any philosophical ideas out of those ideas and math
> concepts is wrong as it violates Okham's razor principal and is not
> science.
> As I've stated already, those are my views only, and I of course do not
> want to insult anyone's beliefs. I just prefer the science continue
> expanding our understanding of the universe while our philosophy
> continues to debate other questions and those remain separated.
>
> --Yigal
>
> PS -
> http://digg.com/comedy/Atheist_Sees_Image_of_Big_Bang_in_Piece_of_Toast

Yep.  That's generally a good approach to science.  However, considering how
much ground has been covered by science in recent times, I have the hope
that ultimately science will be able to answer philosophical questions too.
Being a curious person, it would be nice to have a definitive answer to the
big questions.

-Craig