Totally OT: Quantum Mechanics proof for the existence of a Supreme Conciousness?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Feb 14 16:06:52 PST 2008

Jb wrote:
> "Yigal Chripun" <yigal100 at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:fp2gtu$qcp$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Jb wrote:
>>> "Craig Black" <cblack at ara.com> wrote in message
>>> news:fp2cu3$hcc$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> As soon as science provides an answer it stops being a philosophical
>>> question. ;-)
>>>
>>> But tbh, you just have to accept that some stuff is and always will be
>>> beyond our understanding.
>>>
>>> Is the universe infinate or finite?
>>>
>>> Either answer is utterly perplexing and uncomprehendable. Anyone who
>>> claims
>>> otherwise doesnt understand the question.
>>>
>>> Why does anything exist at all? Why is there not just nothing?
>>>
>>> Again what possible answer could there be that makes any sense to a
>>> human?
>>>

>> well, actually the universe is finite. there is a lot of evidence that
>> our universe is expanding (big bang and all) and thus it must be finite
>> (according to math).
>
> Why cant somthing infinite expand?

"Ours goes up to infinity plus one.  It's one louder." - Nigel Tufnel

But you're right I don't think theres any pure math that says "infinite"
implies "cannot expand" -- consider the mapping of the real numbers to
the real numbers:
    x <- 2*x

Infinite? Yes.
Expanding? Yes.

So probably the OP left out a few details.  :-)

--bb