linux vs posix (changeset 578).

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 04:02:25 PST 2008

Hi, I saw Walter added new functions (getgid, getuid and such) to the linux
module that are POSIX functions[1] on Phobos changeset 578[2].

Wouldn't be better to create a posix module with all POSIX functionality
(or event better, a posix package, with the same structure as the standard
suggests for grouping the functionality, like std.posix.unistd,
std.posix.fcntl, etc.)? And leave the linux package for Linux specific
stuff, like epoll, tipc, eventfd, clone, etc.?

I think D2 is a good place to do that...

[1] http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/unistd.h.html
[2] http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/changeset/578