Survey of dsource projects

David Wilson dw at botanicus.net
Wed Feb 20 12:08:16 PST 2008

I don't understand, what is the use case for these stats? The
sourceforge.net project stats have been in all the years of that site,
practically useless. Measuring commits, LOC change, downloads forum
posts, etc., is no good measure of a project's "rating" or
"progression". I just don't see the point.

I see no reason why a project that hasn't been touched in 10 years,
but has a stable, mature code base should be ranked lower than some
college project that is getting 100 feverish commits a day from some
OCD victim making whitespace changes.* :)

+1 for alphabetical order or some sane categorisation scheme
-1 for anything other than a nice summary page showing recent commits,
forum topics, etc.

David

* Sometimes I make lots of whitespace commits ;)