My Kingdom For ...

Darryl Bleau user at example.net
Thu Feb 21 08:48:24 PST 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> "Darryl Bleau" <user at example.net> wrote in message
> news:fphle3$20np$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> opIndexConcat
>> opIndexConcatAssign
>>
>> in D1, of course.
>>
>> I would also potentially accept:
>>
>> Returning static arrays from functions.
>>
>> or, possibly:
>>
>> !in
>
> Sorry, no new language features in D1.

I know, and I knew when writing it that it was futile to ask. I suppose
I was more just venting my frustration that it seems that D1 was
released, and Walter said, 'go forth and create programs', which we did,
but now we turn around and say, hey, this D stuff is great, could we
just have a few minor changes? But, are denied. Seems Const and Enum are
much more important than helping with actual practical applications of
the current language.

Perhaps if we were around while D1 was still being developed.. but then,
we wouldn't have been using it in that state. Chicken, egg, and all that.

I like D, it's great, and I appreciate all the effort spent on it. I
just sort of wish D1 development continued on some level parallel to D2.
I wouldn't expect massive changes, but some minor additions would be
nice and would help out quite a lot with current usage.