Feature Request - Raw HTML in ddoc comments

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 21 23:44:39 PST 2008

Hi, I'd love to put raw HTML inside ddoc comments, instead of having
to learn all the ddoc macros, which (...no offense...) aren't quite up
to the job, and are very hard to "debug" when they go wrong.

I'm thinking maybe something like...

/** <?html

    <!-- Actual HTML goes here -->

    <h2>Tutorial</h2>
    and images and all sorts in it</p>

?> **/ // and now back to our regularly scheduled D...

Then, when the doc is compiled, the contents of an <?html...?> blob
can just be pasted into the generated document, after some small
amount of validation. Of course there should be some caveats, like an
absolute prohibition on Javascript or any other kind of client-side
scripting within such a blob!!!!

Actually, come to think of it, let's make it XHTML, which is much
easier to check for well-formedness.