Interactive D?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Feb 22 07:51:59 PST 2008

Oskar Linde:
> I got the idea to investigate the possibility of an interactive D
> interpreter. A lazy afternoon of hacking resulted in a proof of concept,
> and what follows is a short demo.
> Could there be any interest in pursuing this?

A interactive shell interpreter is very useful to learn the language, and to try little snippets of code before copying them into the code. Python and Scheme programmers do it all the time, and it's one of the advantages of those languages. So I think this may become quite useful.
How does it work? Do you use the run-time compiler lib recently announced?

Bye,
bearophile