Interactive D?

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Fri Feb 22 10:02:13 PST 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Oskar Linde wrote:

> I got the idea to investigate the possibility of an interactive D
> interpreter. A lazy afternoon of hacking resulted in a proof of concept, and
> what follows is a short demo.
>
> Could there be any interest in pursuing this?

I've been waiting for a repl for years. Great work.

Some further ideas:

catching exceptions, displaying the values and types of structs/classes
and their members recursively (if the default uses toString) -- hopefully
this will encourage Walter to fix some of the unspecified behavior with
.stringof, exporting the current state to a file, locating symbol
definitions.