Feature Request - Raw HTML in ddoc comments

dominik aha at aha.com
Fri Feb 22 11:19:42 PST 2008

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:fpn44n$bd9$1 at digitalmars.com...
> dominik wrote:
>> another option is javadoc - why no one mentioned javadoc?
>
> A couple reasons:
>
> 1) javadoc has an ugly user syntax. @param? @author? Hideous. I wanted
> something that would look like natural text in user code, not like another
> programming language.
>
> 2) javadoc cannot be used for documents that are not in source code.

ah ok, I didn't knew where were you going with it. It makes sense. I've
experimented a bit with different
documentation schemes, and the best one yet, for me, is to write a document
with docbook - and parse in
external file as a source (if needed to show source) and, if needed, javadoc
variables..
there just isn't a good scheme, for me, to write longer documents _within_
source, that would be litterate programming,
and I haven't found a good scheme yet. For smaller documents, like you have
on digitalmars.com - it, obviously, works.