stability

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Feb 23 21:46:19 PST 2008

Denton Cockburn wrote:
> I understand that, but there are still many outstanding bugs in D 1.0.
> 2.0 now, which is in development, a lot of the changes affect things
> elsewhere.  Are you going to correct all of those side-effects before
> releasing 2.0? or are they going to be addressed during the development of
> 3.0?

All the bugs present in 1.0 are also present in 2.0, and as they get
fixed they get folded back into 1.0. You can see that effect in the
changelog.

> I was reading a thread on reddit a few days ago about issues people have
> with their favourite language.  One of the issues with D was that people
> were still running into compiler errors and bugs in what is
> expected to be a systems programming language.

All useful compilers are full of bugs. For example, gcc has 4265
unresolved bugs.

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=gcc&content=