stability

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Sun Feb 24 03:51:21 PST 2008

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:29:02 +1100, Janice Caron <caron800 at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On 24/02/2008, Derek Parnell <derek at psych.ward> wrote:
>>  However, how will we know if an application contains bugs if you can't
>> know
>>  "what the designer intended it to do" in the first place?
>
> You could ask.
>
> Too easy?

Too glib.

Have you actually thought that through? Is each person really expected to
ask Walter ad hoc questions about D's design and expect Walter to reply to
each one with the answer? That sounds like a waste of manpower and a cause
of misunderstandings. If this really is the approach to use, then at least
we can use the Wiki to share the results of queries with the rest of the
community. I'm sure Walter will love to spend time on that endevour. Maybe
that could be the basis of a specification that Walter can approve of.
However, I don't think that this will happen nor do I think it is the
better way to proceed.

--
Derek